Polynesian people believe in old traditions and they have a rich cultural heritage. The wedding ceremony in Polynesia is a special ceremony for the couple as well as the friends and families of the bride and groom. The wedding has traditional rituals and the symbolic wedding cake. Here is the perfect Polynesian wedding cake recipe.
The wedding cake is the center of attraction for the guests who are invited for the wedding. The Polynesian wedding cake uses a lot of fruits like pineapple, oranges and coconut in the preparation of cake.
This cake stands for the love between the couple and is used to share the joy with all the guests.
Polynesian wedding cakes are filled with creams that are flavored with fruits, for example guavas, butterscotch etc. Some other fruits like plumeria are also used to make typical Polynesian wedding cakes.
Tips to decorate Polynesian wedding cakes:
- Since they are fruit based wedding cakes fruit decorations would suit them the best and make them look more exotic
- Pineapple slices can be used to decorate a wedding cake recipe based on pineapples, the slices can be placed next to each other in a horizontal fashion bordering the layers’ edges
- Coconut gratings can be used to decorate the cake if the recipe includes coconut. Additionally, coconut pieces can be engraved according to the theme to make the cake look stunning
- As traditional Polynesian weddings include flowers, the wedding cake decorations also look ethnic if one can include as many fresh flowers as possible
- Grouping several fruits in a cascading effect on a particular side of the cake gives a traditional Hawaiian feel to it
- Bright colors and accents can be used to decorate a traditional Polynesian wedding cake
- Colorful ribbons and shells can be used creatively to create the ultimate beach effect if your wedding is a beach wedding
- Orchid candles and bamboo fans add to the fun element of the wedding
- Cream cheese frosting would be the best frosting for a typical Polynesian carrot cake containing pineapple, coconut and nuts
- If the wedding party dress theme is the Hawaiian attire, it is best to ensure the color of the Polynesian wedding cake goes well with the basic color of the dress theme
- Beads and pearls can be integrated into the decorations as smoothly as possible to bring in the flavor of happy Polynesian wedding
- Silk plumeria blooms can be used to decorate the wedding cake and the venue as well to give an authentic Polynesian feel to the wedding
- Polynesian wedding cake recipes based on blue berries, chocolates, strawberries and cream and coffee flavor are very much popular giving a wide scope to decorate them beautifully
Here is the perfect Polynesian wedding cake recipe:
The ingredients required to bake the cake are as follows:
- 2 1/2 cups of oil
- 4 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups of drained crushed pineapple
- 4 cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of shredded carrots
- 2 cups of chopped nuts
- 2 cups of grated coconut
The method used to bake the cake is given below:
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients.
- Mix them well so that blended batter is created.
- Pour the batter in a baking dish
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Keep the cake aside for cooling.
- Frosting has to be prepared with mixing softened butter, cheese cream and 4 teaspoons of vanilla. Blend it together using electric mixture.
- Once the frosting is ready, spread it on the cake evenly.
- Cake can be decorated with cherries and pineapple slices before serving.
You might also be interested in Hawaiian wedding cake Recipe
For a wedding to be memorable, it needs something special. Something that will make the guests remember and talk about for years after their big day has passed by. What better than an extraordinary cake? Hawaiian Wedding Cake Recipe is one such recipe!
The tangy flavor of this sweet treat comes from canned pineapple tidbits dusted in flour which are then deep-fried until golden brown before being layered together with vanilla yogurt frosting made out of coconut milk powder mixed into honeycomb syrup.
The result tastes just like fresh summertime fruit straight off your tree, but cold enough not only satisfy hunger cravings mornings or afternoon snacks but also quench thirsty throats during hot summer months.
Return to wedding cake